I go through blog reading phases. There was the adoption blog phase, the craft blog phase, and most recently- the travel blog phase. One of my favorites it The Professional Hobo- it chronicles Nora’s adventures accross the world. She has no permanent address and an job that is done almost exclusively online. WILD.
She wrote an article recently called “The Reverse Bucketlist.” I have a fairly specific bucket list… things on it include becoming Christian Yoga Teacher Certified and working at a hostel. The concept of a Reverse Bucket list is to look back and see all the awesome things you’ve already done! Here are some ideas the article gives to get you started:
- Achievements or awards you’ve received
- Fears you’ve conquered
- Careers you’ve had
- Friends you’ve made and people you’ve met
- Places you’ve traveled to
- Anything that’s worthy of a story you tell other people
- Goals and milestones you reached
- Childhood dreams (no matter how silly in retrospect) you achieved
- Bizarre or fun things that have happened to you or that you’ve done
Here’s my very own Reverse Bucket List:
1. I played with baby tigers and baby lions!
2. I went to Africa. 3 times.
3. Partied with the Greeks on Easter
5. Jesus healed me of a brain cyst.
6. Prayed with Lou Engle for college campuses.
7. Ran a 5k
8. Kissed the Blarney Stone
9. Jumped off a cliff
10. Realized that my parents were a lot wiser than I gave them credit for.
11. Went to college out of state and- most importantly- BECAME A SUN DEVIL!
12. Moved to California
13. Prayed for Sex Trafficing to end in America & saw Craigslist change their policy shortly after. (Craziest experience of my life.)
14. Shot a shot gun…and cried about it.
15. Was a Resident Assistant. Yelled at NBA players, cried with students, made great friends.
16. Experienced the fullness of Disney World like a million times.
17. Dressed up like a cow and plunged into a crowd of hundreds by myself
17. Prayed for a stranger
18. Stood in line for a million hours on Black Friday
18. Got baptized AND got to help baptize my sisters!
…and many more…
I would love love love to hear your list! Or hear things that I might have missed…